Monday, April 28, 2008

Nearly Scared the SH*T outta me!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!!

I guess if u were to ask me for the feeling of "cua4 sai4" (Hokkien) now, I could illustrate to u clearly and perfectly and full of facial expressions and hand gestures somemore!

Internet was down for the past few days in JBC. It was finally restored this morning. I immediately made use of it for everything I could think of, except for checking my Nemo mail inbox. I mean, come on lah! Of course I must give priority to Naruto manga first ma, no? It's of great importance to find out what happened to my leng chai Itachi leh!!

ANYWAY, just realized at around 4p.m. just now that I should show some love to Nemo as well. So, I logged into Nemo only to realize that Prof. Susan Pyne had sent me a mail last Friday. The mail was marked with an exclaimation mark (!) to indicate that it was of high importance... I opened it up immediately.

And I was notified that I uploaded the wrong file into the research-project-supposed-to-be category on SPIDER!! OMG!! I actually uploaded my PharmCare essays instead!! I checked on my SPIDER immediately and found that it was true!!! Smart!! WTF was I doing that time???

But Prof. Sue was super duper nice. She offered me the options of uploading my research project into the PDP section on SPIDER or sending a soft copy to her via Nemo. Only that this has to be done by the 28th of April, i.e. TODAY!!!!!

Plus, it's only an hour left before Prof. Sue would call it a day and balik rumah!! Lepas tu, matilah aku!!!

Panic attack!! So I quickly rumbled through the mess in my room to locate for my precious thumbdrive but I couldn't find it!! SH*T!!

Tachycardia tachycardia TACHYCARDIA!!!!!

Then suddenly I recalled that I had actually locked it away before my trip to Amsterdam + Brussels. So I found it at last.

Plucked it into my laptop, searched for the right file to upload, clicked on the "Upload" tab on Spider while replying to Prof. Sue and suddenly, DANG!! My laptop hang!!!

WTF???!!! At this point????? Must be because it was too relaxing for the past few days and then I loaded it with such an heavy amount of work out of sudden that it got an cardiac arrest probably.

Anyway, I restarted it, and waited impatiently for the system to boot. The clock was ticking like nobody's business!!! And my heart was racing like hell!! Adrenaline rush!! My hands were actually trembling!!

Wah lao eh!! It's the final year research project eh!! FINAL YEAR RESEARCH PROJECT!!!!! 40% of the MPharm degree credits, okay??!!! I'm so freaking doomed if this is screwed up!! It's a "F.A.I.L" straight!! I can happily skip the upcoming degree exams and go apply for extension of my visa instead liao... WTF!! *Shudders*

Then finally my laptop was ready and so I uploaded my research project to the PDP section as directed. Mana tau there wasn't enough space!! SHOOT!! Don't care liao lah!! I deleted my draft results that I uploaded last time without hesitation and replaced it with my research project.

Done!! But it was already 430p.m.!! I wondered if Prof. Sue would still be in her office?? So I quickly sent her a mail and asked for a reply if she happened to have received my research project. Thank God she replied promptly and assured me that the problem had been fixed.

PHEW~~~ What a relief...... *heart rate back to normal*

PROF. SUE, YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!! XD

So, that's all about my scary experience just now. I still can't believe that I was so blur to have uploaded the wrong file!! My goodness!! I mean, I poured so much effort inon my research project (even though it still ended up like a piece of sh*t) and it meant so much to me!! How could I have been so careless???!!

I blame it on the deprivation of sleep!! Stayed up for 2 continuous nights to get it completed. It's no wonder that my mind wasn't functioning anymore. If Prof. Sue didn't notify me, I seriously would never have picked this up. Gosh... I really can't help but to express my gratitude towards her repeatedly here. Many thanks, Prof. Sue!! =)

Suffered from withdrawal syndromes for the past few days due to the abstain of internet access. Stupiak!! Dear internet, I miss u so so much!! Now that u are back, I must abuse u till gao gao!! Mua haha.. So ppl, Tata!!~ XD

P/S. So, my research project isn't screwed up afterall, which means I can still graduate, which means I still gotta study all the crazy stuffs for the degree exams (T_T)...

2 comments:

~ming~ said...

wah wah!! i read also super kan cheong edi weh!!

good thing u checked ur inbox after ur naruto! tee hee hee!

great that everything turned out okay in the end! :)

~ming

LiNg@hCmM said...

Kan cheong? Oh, good good. That means am a good story-teller! XD

Yala!! Freaked out, wei!! Luckily it's Prof. Sue!! She's so so nice!! She even thanked me in her reply, which I dunno why also. Hahaha.. =P