Friday, July 27, 2007

CofFEe cHIcKEn

Huhuhu... Came across this recipe on the net yesterday. Since I had no idea what to cook for today's dinner, I decided to give it a try. Yerrr.. I sound more and more aunty liao la... Sob.. XP Anyway, the sauce was supposed to contain Sherry as well de... But, poor Asian students like us do not have such luxurious stuff at home. So, I dengan creative-nya substituted Sherry with brown sauce we curi-ed from Todds' Bar instead, not knowing how the taste would turn out to be actually.. XD

So, I marinated the chicken drumsticks with freshly brewed coffee, soy sauce, brown sugar and brown sauce (See? Brown sugar and brown sauce.. It does sound sensible after all what..) for few hours. Then, I pan-fried the drumsticks while heating up the marinating sauce in another pan. When the drumsticks turned lightly brown, I poured the sauce over and simmered the drumsticks in the sauce, allowing the sauce to thicken by further boiling it together with the drumsticks. Finally when the sauce caramelized, TA-DA!! Chua Pei Ling's first ever coffee chicken was done!! =D

Well, it turned out quite ok, except that the coffee taste wasn't strong enough, and the taste 0f soy sauce was slightly too strong pulak. Haha.. Will try to improve by adding more coffee powder, and less soy sauce next time. =) Anyway, the sauce went well with rice!! Yum... =P According to my housemates, it tasted like Marmite. Haha.. Cookie Monster Su Ann with the strongest threshold among us loved the sauce so much that she thought of dipping bread into it!! Haha.. The sauce tasted just nice to her. She even requested me to cook this dish again next time. It made her felt at home. =D Happy le... Am flattered!! Haha.. Ah Su Ann, it's my pleasure!! Hehe... =D
A picture of my coffee chicken posing...

Oopsy!! Too late..

Wasn't in time to capture a shot before it's gone.. XD

1 comment:

~ming~ said...

so nice!! SO SOoooooo nice!!

me want more!!

~ming