Wednesday, October 29, 2008

kIND@ bORed hEre...

Craved for "dao sah beng" so bad the other day. So I went to The Summit Parade Batu Pahat to get some. Mana tau the shop sudah "chap lap"!!!!! I went around the floor it used to be in to see if it had shifted but it was up to no good.. =(

But there was a surprise discovery. I saw a music store playing this MV:

Like Whoa by Aly & AJ!!

Whoa!! I never knew Batu's music sense could be so "in" wei!! Seeing that these gals aren't really that famous, I was really surprised that there are actually ppl in Batu (except for me) who knew them!!

Honestly, Malaysia's music sense is quite advanced. At least we Malaysians are kepo enough that we know most of the pop celebrities and songs on the market. Guess that's because the section most of us never miss when reading a newspaper is Entertainment. Am I not right? =)

Shopped for CDs in HMV Glasgow last time. The "Best-selling albums" were those that I listened to when I was in Taylor's!! Robbie Williams, Ronan Keating & etc.!!!!!! Kill me!! I wonder if it's a UK's or Glasgow's problem. Cause other European countries seem much better eh... When I was in Greece, I even heard Kenny G version of Jay Chow's "AnJing" song in their metro station!!! WOW!! So "in"!!

I chatted with some of our Glaswegian classmates during one boring EBM session. I opened my eyes big big & told them excitedly, "Oh Gosh!! Rihanna is coming to SECC!!!!!" Still remember clearly the "Huh?? Who's that?" expression on their faces and their polite smiles.

Ouch!! I was acting like a total idiot if not because one of them (only one!!) said in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone, "Oh, Rihanna.". Full stop!! And they turned to each other to discuss on the progression of their research project like nothing just happened!!! What??! Don't they even feel a bit bit excited that some huge celebrity is coming to their town??? Oh well, at least from being an idiot I was promoted to a retarded fella who cared more over American's music industry than my studies...

Why ah why ah? If Rihanna were to come to Batu Pahat, I would go all the way out to see her loh.. I mean, I am not a huge fan of hers lah. Not to mention that "Ella Ella Eh Eh" and the "Pls Don't Stop The.. Pls Don't Stop The Music" songs are rather retarded loh... XP It's the celebrity factor!! The "Oh wow!! I saw Rihanna live and took pictures of her!!!" factor!! No?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe to them its nothin?!?! coz they have so many artists goin there all the time!! as for us in msia, artist wanna come also susah...cannot wear shorts, cannot hop on the stage, cannot wear too sexy, cannot have long hair, cannot b too near certain msian celebrations...cannot this cannot that...grrr...

LiNg@hCmM said...

Haha... True true.. Thought of that as well actually.. Maybe scoring 90++ for research project is even more wow to them.. XD

So many restrictions in return of such small market. Don't even know why these artists bother to come here.. XP

cYbeR FiSh™ said...

visit me.I buy you authentic teluk intan(or it is ipoh tambun?or bidor pun chun?)tao sa pia...

LiNg@hCmM said...

Thank u very much!! Send them in parcel to me, pls~~~~~~~ Don't mind they are not fresh from oven.. *drooling* XD XD