Wednesday, February 27, 2008

GP Visit

Had my GP Visit session together with the other CPL today. Haha.. It was very interactive and educational!! Super fun & interesting nonetheless. I totoally enjoyed it!! Woo hoo~~ =D

Our session was in Kingsway Medical Centre, the public-toilet-look-alike surgery according to Ming. XD I gotta agree with her, though. The surgery really wasn't glamorous looking at all le.. Haha.. XD

However, I must say that the setting was very patient-friendly. Unlike Malaysian's clinic, it doesn't give u a "stressful" kinda feeling, if u know what I mean. It doesn't stink with the smell of antiseptic and medicines as well.

Basically, we just sat in the room with Dr. Henderson and watched him examined the patient while making diagnosis. Of course the patient's consent was seeked for before we were allowed to do so, which was good. Wah lao, back in Malaysia we just simply went around the ward clerking cases, paying no respect to patient's privacy whatsoever, man wth..

Anyway, the cases were quite diverse in nature. There was even one drug addict who was on Methadone and Diazepam, and an alcoholic who suffered a blow to his lower spinal cord when he was invovled in a fight. Of course there were also common cases like benign warts, epigastric pain with heartburn, duodenal ulceration, persistent cough, H. Pylori infection, and COPD patient with chest infection.

Doctor actually showed us the way to check if the alcoholic patient's spinal cord was crooked, and also let us listened to the basal crackles in the lungs of the COPD patient. The experience was SOOOO cool wei I tell u...

By the way, did I mention that the young lady who suffered from duodenal ulcer was in a T-Back? Wakakaka.. Black in colour, with bling bling somemore leh!! Sexy wei!! XD

"I'm bringing Sexyback (yeah)...... Go, go ahead be bold with it..." XD

Another thing is that patients here are well-informed of their conditions. They know what drugs they are on and the indications of the drugs as well. The T-Back young lady (shoot! I really shouldn't be calling her that! XD Empathy, CPL!! EMPATHY!!!!!) even knows that her father died of Haemochromatosis and she is a carrier of the genes and asked if her duodenal ulcer was related to the genetic disease!! WTH!!!!! Me as a future pharmacist dun even know what Haemochromatosis is and I have no idea if I even got the spelling right, wth!! XP

Btw, FYI, Dr. Henderson was such a cutie!! XD He's super duper friendly, nice, gentleman, and knowledgeable!! Not to forget the fact that he was so MAN!!!~~ The George Clooney kind of man-ness, ya know? He treated us to coffee and "Mr. Kipling" (which was a cup cake actually. Haha.. everything about him is just cute!!) after the session. He even washed our cups for us!!! AWWWW... So sweet of him, right? Am in love!! Will u marry me??? Even though I am already the wife of Jensen Ackles??? XD XD

Eh, this is to all the leng luis out there! Dun fight against me for Dr. Henderson ya!! He's 40- or 50-year-old plus already lar. U have much better choices out there le. Save him for a pathetic someone like me lar, okay?? He's mine!! He's mine!! XD

The mak cik nurses there were really nice and friendly, too!! They offered us tea when we first arrived. (Anyone who offered me food would automatically be catogorized as "nice". Ish...) They seem to have very tight bonding among each other, and with the doctors as well. They were writing these super cute "Happy Retirement" cards for their retiring colleagues and they told us they were doing "VERY important" things. Hahaha... I like, can? So sweet!! =)

The weather was sunny, the ppl were truly nice, my partner was great, and my afternoon nap lasted for 3 hours (pig!)... What more can I ask for? =D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if anyone who offers u food is 'nice', them im like super duper terover-overly nice la hor!!! hahaha

LiNg@hCmM said...

Yala!! JOCELYN OF SUNGAI PETANI IS THE NICEST PERSON ON EARTH!!!!! XD

Would I blame u for feeding me with deep fried pig skin & expired Sensation? Would I? OF COURSE NOT!!! XD

ROFL!! Kakaka.. Nola nola.. jk saja.. =P

Eh, but seriously, u are really damn nice la, jo!! Ur foods also damn nice, can? Kakaka.. Can we have more kononnya discussion session at ur place, PLS?~~ XD

P/S. Thanks to u, me and housies are starting to have breads with apple chutney spread + ham liao.. We like, can?? Kekeke.. =P

Anonymous said...

THANKSSSS!!!! somor u put it in capital letters!!! hahaha
thanks for helpin me finish my expired sensations!! hahaha n i still have 1 more packet of pig skin left...duno who i should trick into eatin it next hahaha
no more discussions at my place...no more food liao...hahaha ya chutney+ham is superb!! eh go buy that ice cream i told u about!!! sedap sampai nak mampus ok!!

LiNg@hCmM said...

Ppl, can I reveal something here?? Ah Jocelyn actually said hor,

"The ice-cream should be named ORGASMIC ice-cream!! Eating it is just like having sex wei!!"

Tsk tsk tsk... bad gal Jocelyn.. BAD GAL!!! XD

Aww.. Jo, I'm so sorry!! I'll let u kill me as compensation. Come kill me with ur lobster la!! I am allergic to lobster.. I get anaphylactic shock after eating it!! Fast & effective!! So feed me lobster!! XD