Tuesday, October 02, 2007

wORkINg...

Hmm hmm... I worked for the first time in my life yesterday night!!! Took up this part-time waitress job last Friday.. Basically, I had to do everything... From taking order, serving foods and making drinks to cleaning up the table, washing dishes, mopping the floor and wiping off grease and dirt from anywhere that seems dirty.. Phew... Wasn't easy, man! For that 5 pounds per hour... T_T Hmph! I won't give up so easily... Must survive for at least one week! To prove that I am not just a piece char siew who can't endure hardship!! And so that mama can praise me "very san seng" in front of others... Ooh! Proud~~ XD

I didn't even dare to skive a little bit.. The competition was intense... There was another Malaysian gal from Raman College working as a full-time waitress.. Wah liao! I wonder how long can I keep my rice bowl with her around... Haha... She's quite good looking, slim, very hardworking, able to speak English, and her Cantonese is SO SO SOOOOOOOO much better than mine!!! Also, from my own observation, this gal is very good at curry favouring my lady boos le!! Served her dinner somemore... Geng!! But she's nice la... Ooh.. Did I mention that because this is a Hongkee restaurant (own by a pair of Hongkee suami-isteri), all of them there communcate in Cantonese. So, I had to force myself to speak Cantonese even though my Cantonese sucks to the max!! Sigh.. Who asked me itchy buttock claimed that I could speak Cantonese during my intervew... Heard from another waitress from China that a lot of ppl wanted this job badly.. *Ooh.. I din know...* This gal is very kind... I started working at the peak hour... No training at all and I had to start work immediately... Luckily she was there to guide me through... Thank you so much!! =)

One thing good is that the staffs there are all very friendly.. I didn't kena even though I spilled some leftover soup onto customer's table in front of the boss... XP By the way, dinner is provided!! Huhu... Can order anything on the menu from the kitchen.. Hehe... But I was kinda paisay to place my order since it was my first day... So the chef prepared Seafood fried mee for me!! Got so many big big prawns wor!!!~~ With some scallop, fish cake slices and vege, too!! OOOSH~~ Hang-fook-nya!! XD But the business was too good for me to sit down and start enjoying la.. So basically, I swallowed everything down within 5 minutes.. Now I actually feel nauseous when I come to think of that plate of Seafood fried mee... It's not that it tasted awful.. Quite delicious in fact... Just that I ate too fast liao... Eew... XP Haha...

Later gotta go work again starting from 6p.m. till 11p.m. Phew... CHUA PEI LING, GO GO JIA YOU!!!~~~ YOU CAN DO IT for the sake of the money!!!~~~ MUA HAHAHA... =P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cis! tak mention abt me and ah phern going ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way there to 'cip' u also! shivering cold somemore, at the risk of getting pneumonia summore, us two gorgeous leng luis somemore! ish ish! and btw ah bi ah, it's RAHMAN college, not raman la! walaupun i membelot tarc, must at least get the spelling correct mah! (so that ppl will know which college i'm referring to the next time i kutuk it mah!)

~ming
p/s : take care later k!!

Anonymous said...

100pounds by d end of oct..

B.E.L.A.N.J.A!!

(can we go back to secret garden??^^)

~voon~

Anonymous said...

rephrase

can I go to secret garden for the FIRST time?? cos, obviously, u guys went WITHOUT me! depressed!!

~ming
p/s : ooooh, agree with cheah ganas though..B.E.L.A.N.J.A.!!