Thursday, March 30, 2006

fIRsT BloOd dOnATion!!~~~

Yippie!! Finally donated my first pack of blood 2 days ago, i.e. on the 29th of March 2006. Hehe.. so happy because it was a good deed! Wanted to start donating blood long long ago, but the timing just wasnt right. Everytime when there was a blood donation drive, it either clashed with my exam date or my "aunty-visiting" date. Haha.. so I always missed the chance to go for blood donation. Even though I had Physical Pharmacy exam today, I still decided to donate because 2 days of rest should be sufficient for me. Hehe...

I was quite nervous at the beginning, as it was my first experience. But I felt much at ease when I knew that Yi Jie and Su Miin would be donating together with me. Su Miin was a first-timer as well. Haha.. So I get myself registered, had my haemoglobin amount checked and blood pressure taken by the doctors, then I went into the Ping-Pong room, i.e. the venue where the blood donation drive was held. Scary......

Yi Jie's haemoglobin count was too low, so she was not allowed to donate. I nearly got rejected as well, because my blood pressure of 100/60 was at the borderline. If it were to be any lower, I wouldnt get the experience of donating blood anymore. Haha..

So, when my turn came, I lied down onto the bed with my heart pumping rapidly. "Lup-Dup, Lup-Dup..." I could hear my heartbeat clearly. Haha... Yi Jie kept comforting me that it's not going to be painful while Stupid Buttock (the taller one), One Big Piece (Hendrick) and Twiggie (Vincent) kept teasing and scaring me. Bluek... XP

Didnt dare to look when the person-in-charged searched for my vein and poked the needle in. Haha.. It was slightly painful, just like an ant's bite. Then, my O Positive blood started flowing out. Haha.. Yi Jie even took photo of it as a remembrance. Haha... Then after about 15 minutes, done! 250mL of my blood was collected and supplements were given to me. I rested on the bed for a while and then I was healthy enough to move about again! Haha.. went to attend lecture somemore.. Hehe..

Yeah! What a good experience... even though I skipped Microbiology Tutorial because of it. Haha.. Will continue donating after this... The scar, or I would rather say, the prove of donating blood is still on my arm now. Hehe.. Feel so good whenever I see it.. Hehe...

No comments: