Monday, July 28, 2008

HeLLo fRoM sINg@PorE

Halo, everyone!! I have finally waved goodbye to Glasgow and thrown myself back into the Asian's arms. Yup! I'm in Singapore now but am not going back to my home country, Malaysia soon though. Visiting my sis and bro here. Hehe.. =) Will only go back 2 weeks later.

The journey back was a pleasant one. Just that the check-in officer was kinda unfriendly. Nearly sent my luggage to KL when it was stated clearly on the e-ticket that my destination was Singapore. Somemore showed sour face even though she was the one at wrong wor. The 13 hours spent in the flight from London Heathrow back to Singapore passed by much faster than I expected. It's like eat eat, sleep sleep, eat eat then arrived liao. Haha.. Guess that's because I had the company of a whole kampung of frens throughout the journey. Can't imagine how Ah Ming went through all these alone. Geng!!

And I CERTAINLY MISS GLASGOW ALREADY!!!!! Especially the weather and the accent!! When I first landed, I actualy felt abit awkward seeing so many ppl of my own kind. Haha.. It's hot here in Singapore!! I sweat badly everyday!! Wearing short pants instead of jeans doesn't help much. And so I grumble alot. Hahaha.. =P

First meal upon arrival: Chicken Rice (with lotsa chili!!) plus Curry Fishhead plus leafy vege (not lettuce, cabbage or brocolli!!)!!!!! OMG!!!!! Super bahagia~ =D Sorry lah.. no photo.. I finished the foods before I had time to take any photo. Wakakakak.. =P

Suffered a wee bit of jet lag. Was abit dizzy upon landing. Maybe because of the frequent turbulence throughout the flight and that the plane descended a wee bit too fast for my ear pressure to handle. But I was ok again after shower. Super adaptive wei~ XD

Oh ya... I thought I would receive better service or treatment here since the majority of ppl in this country are of my kind. Sadly, it isn't so. When I first arrived, I smiled and greeted the custom officer "Hi there!" but received no reply. She just took my passport, checked, and then *chop chop* and handed it back to me. I said "Thank You" and again she ignored me. Wah lao!!!!! What is this??? Ang mohs would at least nod even if they don't really fancy talking to u loh. Moreover, her name was Siti something something, which showed she was probably a Malaysian herself as well!!! Duh!!

So, I thought maybe being a custom officer she was forced to be serious. But my parents and I have had some other bad experience already these few days. For example, my mom wanted to buy aunty Korean drama VCD from a shop. So, she asked the salesgirl to recommend. The salesgirl told her to look for them herself. My mum told her it's very difficult to search from the pile of VCDs there and it would be better if she could recommend a few. The salesgirl drew out some very very common one like Winter Sonata and being a huge Korean drama fan, my mum has watched them all already. So, guess what she told my mum? "Then u don't have to buy anymore lah". What the??? Is that the way to do business nowadays?? Beh song!!

By the way, after some failure attempts in understanding and getting used to Scottish accent, I find Singlish rather funny. Haha.. So not used to hearing so much "lah loh leh ma ah har" in one sentence. Funny sial wei!! XD XD Am trying hard to hold on to the last bit of memory I still have of Scottish accent. It is slowly being displaced out by Singlish bit by bit everyday. NOOOooooo~~~ XP

Was in quite a good mood today. Why? Cause I had prawn noodles as lunch, durian as teatime, and nasi lemak (with 2 fried chic wings, fried egg, sambal, kacang and ikan bilis) as dinner!!!!! MUA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!! Shiok ah~ What else can one ask for? XD XD

However, my mood was spoilt upon browsing through Ah Bi's blog just now. She left me MSN messages telling me to page her once I am online cause she has some PTPTN stuffs to share with me. She wasn't online just now but from what I understand from her blog, it seems that PTPTN is now chasing us to pay back for the loan. Great. I haven't even started working for goodness' sake!! Very efficient of them, huh? The thing is, I am not in Malaysia now. I don't have all the documents with me. I would have to provide my PTPTN and Bumiputera bank account number if I were to request to postpone the payment date. Like I can remember them by heart??? Ish... Really dunno what I should do now. They are sending out saman soon if I don't start paying up. Gotta seek for Chua Ming's advice tomolo. Hopefully I could find a way out. Ish... Completely spoilt my post-nasi-lemak happy mood wei... Grrrrr.....

Oh, by the way, I had a miserable time reading through PTPTN webpage in BM. So happy when I found out that there was actually an "edisi Inggeris". Ooshh! 4.5 years of BM-free days has really got my BM rotten to the roots already. I was once a Malay debator somemore eh!! What a shame!! MUST make BM my first language from today onwards. Dun wanna fail my Pharmacy Interview with the government wei...

Sebenarnya, masa sudah amat lewat. Saya sepatutnya pergi tidur sekarang. Oleh itu, saya harus pergi tandas kencing dan gosok gigi sekarang. Jumpa lagi apabila saya mempunyai masa lapang. Sekian, terima kasih. Selamat tinggal~ XD XD XD XD XD

No comments: