Tuesday, September 04, 2007

sUpER dE hE@lTHy LUncH

Since I have fallen sick over the past few days, coughing like hell which wakes me up naturally without fail everday 6 or 7a.m. in the morning, mama thus forbids me from eating "heaty" foods. Being a good girl (more because I wanna get rid of the super duper annoying morning cough), I decided to obey. This really throws me into a desperate position since being a poor student here in UK already leave me with very little choices of foods for lunch... No grilling, no frying, and I have no porcelein bowl for steaming... Wah liao eh!! How to cook la like that???!!

At 2p.m. in the afternoon, I still had no idea what to cook for today's lunch. No wanting my lunch to turn into teatime, so in the end, desperate ppl came up with desperate recipe... First, I steamed the rice (Poor students DO have rice cooker la, even though we have no porcelein bowl.. DUH!!~). At the same time, I fried some onions with mushrooms and then added water and milk to make a gravy to pour over the rice and accidentally added too much milk.. #*%&@ celaka betul... So I had to add some flour to make the gravy thicken.. After that, I added in an egg to turn the gravy light yellow so that it looked more appetizing only to realize that I forgot to beat the egg first before adding it into the gravy... So it now stared right back at me like a mata kerbau... The consequence of being even more forgetful when rushing... Grrrr... Dun want mata kerbau la... not eating nasi lemak also... So, I poke the egg yolk open with the ladle and stir the entire mixture vigorously... Oh well, now the egg yolk "solubilized" into the gravy while the egg white solidified... Argh... Who gave a damn!! I just scooped it out straight and poured it over the rice...

and so, this was how it looked like... (-_-")

More like a bowl of rice covered in cat's vomit... YEEEWW!!~ But it didnt taste as bad as it looked la... In fact, not bad at all... Hey, I finished eating everything, OK? Not that I am trying to defend my cooking skill or what lor... or maybe because I was simply too hungry that even cat's vomit tasted nice to me... (><") My turn to vomit now... XP
Oooh ooh, by the way this pic was taken using my new phone Sony Ericsson K800i!! Woohoo~~ I have a new phone lu~~ ^^

No comments: