Tuesday, August 21, 2007

PP3 Video Exam

Below is a reproduction of my PP3 video exam.

Tracy: Erm.. U can use all the reference books available on the table, alright?
Me: (in an attempt to calm my nerves) U mean all of them? Everything on the table? *DUH!*
Tracy: Yup..
Me: (heart beats slowed down, but still having palpitation) So, I have to finish everything within 3 minutes, right?
Tracy: Erm.. Ya.. About that I guess... (What kind of stupid question are u asking? Just get this over asap...) OK.. so let's start now..
Me: Alright. Hi, I am the pharmacist in-charged today. May I help u? (squeezed out my sweetest-possible-sunshine-gal's smile)
Tracy: (not very convinced) Ya, I hope so.. My husband said he has got a "flu" but I supposed it's just a normal cold.. and I wonder if you can give him anything maybe?
Me: (%*$#@! why must it be Respiratiory? least well-prepared de.. ) Oh.. I see I see.. *trying to act confident* So, is ur husband's body temperature altering (I wanted to say alternating actually, F***) between high and normal?
Tracy: Erm.. not really.. his body temperature is fine...
Me: Ok.. then is he aching all over? Can he still move around?
Tracy: Ya ya.. he's pretty ok.. it's just a cold I think..
Me: Alright.. (not bad! ruled out flu liao.. so I shall proceed with the WWHAM questions) Can u tell me if he has any other symptoms?
Tracy: Yeah, well.. blocked nose... cough, sore throat.. Yeah...
Me: Ok.. How long has he been having these?
Tracy: Erm.. not for very long time.. about 2 days I guess..
Me: I see.. So, what action have u taken so far?
Tracy: Erm.. he has been taking this hot lime tea, you see... Yeah...

Me: (What the hell is that???) Ooh, I see... I see (nothing)... Does it help?
Tracy: Yeah, well, when he's on it, he's ok.. But I dun really think it helps much though..
Me: Ok.. So, is he on any medication?
Tracy: Oh yeah.. He's on Phytio*##&$**@ for his Migraine..

BA BOOM!!! WTH IS THAT????? (Heart racing like crazy...) never heard of it before geh? Migraine not take paracetamol one meh? or Prochlorperazine or Immigran or Migralief? SHIT... Should I ask her what does it contain actually? DUH!! As if she's going to answer me? Who's IS the pharmacist now? Ok ok.. calm down, Chua Pei Ling.. Maybe you should try to look into BNF? Nah.. I dun even know how to spell the brand.. How am I going to refer? Shit shit shit shit shit... Ask her to spell it out for me? That's going to make me look even more stupiak lo.. ARGH... oh well.. guess I will just have to act along.. pretend as if I know the drug...

Me: Oh.. Phytio*##&$**@ for migraine... [sorry, the name of that medicine slipped out of my mind right after that.. ] Then, does he have any other medical condition?
Tracy: No no..
Me: May I know how old is he, pls?
Tracy: 29
Me: Ok.. Has he had this before? *DUH!!!!! Who the hell in this world has never caught a cold before???!!*
Tracy: Erm.. well.. He just got it lately.. But he has had cold for a few times before.. Yeah...
Me: Ok.. So, what exactly do u want me to give him? Is it for his blocked nose, or pain maybe?
Tracy: Yeah.. Erm.. Actually the things that bother him the most are his sore throat.. yeah.. and maybe u could give him something for his blocked nose as well?
Me: Oh.. ok.. sure.. For his sore throat, I will give him Dequadin. It's a lozenge that contains Dequalinium Hydrochloride. Just take one every three hourly, if it is necessary. Do not exceed 8 lozenges within 24 hours.
Tracy: Yeah.. Ok...
Me: As for his blocked nose....

Kring Kring~~ Kring Kring~~

Tracy: Oops, sorry.. Hold on for a moment while I pick up the phone..
Me: Haha.. (nervous laugh) Ok...

Stone at the same place.. knowing that there is a videocam hidden somewhere, but not knowing what to do at that awkward moment, I could only look at Tracy helplessly as she picked up the phone... At the same time, I kept thinking if I should give Beecham caplets for her "husband's" blocked nose.. Beecham contains Paracetamol.. if that whatever medication her "husband" is on contains paracetamol as well, am gonna heal his cold while at the same time causing liver toxicity in him... Argh.. Shit shit shit... What am I supposed to do??? Maybe I should revert to asking her if that medicine contains Paracetamol?

Tracy: Hello... Yeah yeah.. Oh.. Well... I guess u got the wrong number already, alright? Yeah.. Bye...

WTH? Wrong number? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Tracy: Sorry.. Yeah...
Me: Haha.. (another nervous laugh) Never mind.. It's ok... Haha.. So, for ur husband's blocked nose.. I would give him Beecham caplets.. Does ur husband's migraine medication contains any Paracetamol?
Tracy: Erm.. I dun think so...
Me: Ok... (dengan gembira-nya) Then it's safe to take this medication then.. It contains Paracetamol, Caffeine and a decongestant known as Phenylephrine.. Oh yeah, does ur husband have hypertension?
Tracy: Oh.. no no..
Me: Alright.. then it's safe to use this medication.. just take 2 caplets up to 4 times daily.. Do not exceed 8 caplets within 24 hours.. Yeah...
Tracy: Ok.. So, my husband is thinking of attending a wedding this weekend.. Do u think it's ok for him to drink?
Me: (Not knowing whether the answer should be a yes or a no, I chose the safe side) Yeah.. well.. I think it's best if he doesn't.. You know.. For his own sake.. Yeah... And do ask ur husband to rest more, maintain a high fluid intake, and take more fresh fruits and vegetables to boost up his body's immune system. The symptoms should resolve within 7-10 days.. If not, pls refer to your GP.
Tracy: Alright.. Ok.. Thanks very much...



What a disaster, man!!! I hope Tracy didn't lie to me.. Cause if she did, I sudah overdosed her "husband" with Paracetamol liao.. "He" probably would have ended up in hospital already.. I looked through all migraine medication after reaching home.. Found none that sounds similar in any way... Also, I suddenly realized that the Paracetamol content in Beecham should help to ease the sore throat.. Why on earth would I need to give him Dequadin lozenges in that case????? Sigh... Suan le ba... It's over already.. It's time to enjoy now!!! Mua haha... (as if I dun have PP3 degree exam to sit for next week)

Depressed already...

3 comments:

~ming~ said...

chua pei!!

ur case is not as teruk as mine loh!

triatase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ming

Anonymous said...

chua pei..
ur case very complicated oh..
mine seems like primary punya standard now..
n its not teruk at all k..
u should hv seen me >.<"

~voon~

LiNg@hCmM said...

Hahaha.. everyone also teruk case... Guess our "dearest" Aunty Anne must be laughing at us like hell now.. and I bet she enjoys it real loads...(><")

"Ian and I have both run out of red pens again.." HAHAHA... VERY FUNNY... (-_-")