Wednesday, May 16, 2007

MENINGITIS VACCINATION

Think many of us are most probably bothered by this questions now..

"Should I get a jab of Meningitis vaccine before going over to the UK?"

Well, my mum has called up my aunt regarding this, since my aunt happens to be a doctor herself, and she has two children who are currently studying in the UK. As per the information given by her, vaccination against meningitis is not really needed. Although meningitis is more common in the UK in comparison to Malaysia, but it is still considered a rare disease there. It will only form an issue if it is an African country that we are travelling to. The two of her sons didn't receive, and haven't had any vaccination even until today. Moreover, the vaccine is not cheap at all. According to her, it costs around RM300-400. Well, I am not very sure about the price though. Yeaw told me it costs RM80 in Kajang, whereas Ah Xin told me it's around RM120-140 in KL.

So, personally I dun think I will go for the vaccination. These are just some information for your reference only. You can still go ahead if you wish to. BUT, do make sure you get the jab as early as possible as it may cause mild fever as a side effect. Just imagine what sort of troubles you would run into at the kastam if they were to find out that you are running a fever. I wonder if they will even permit your entrance into their country. You might be taken as the carrier of some whatsoever infectious diseases. Do plan your vaccination schedule properly if you are keen, alright? Cheers!! =)

4 comments:

Carrisa said...

Hey there about the meningitis jab u can get it here when u come to the UK its free anyway under the NHS and the possibilities of getting it in Malaysia are very low anyway.

LiNg@hCmM said...

Thanks real loads for the info!! It's indeed very useful!! Yay!! I made the right choice!! XD

cYbeR FiSh™ said...

heyz,got my jab here liao..rm90..haha~where got rm300 lar doo...

cYbeR FiSh™ said...

still........meningitis vaccination =="