Friday, January 12, 2007

FrIEd EgG 3

So we had Taekwondo training again last night. Melvin was doing some stretching while trying to prove that he's not a banana, AGAIN...


Melvin: Hey, Joan. Now I know fried egg is called jian dan (煎蛋) alerady...
Me: Haha.. I thought you said it's supposed to be zha dan (炸蛋@炸弹)?
Joan: Har?!! What?!! Zha dan (炸弹)??!!! Hahaha...
Melvin: Har nah.. Har nah... I know it's not zha dan la.. But I still think it can be called that way leh...
Joan: No lo.. zha dan is zha dan. You know what is a zha dan or not actually? It means BOMB la!!
Melvin: I know!! Then, what do you call a deep fried egg la?
Joan: Erm... Zha ji dan (炸鸡蛋) lor!!
Melvin: Har!!! See? You are even worse la.. My Goodness!! Zha ji dan (炸鸡蛋)?!! That means BOMB THE CHICKEN EGG lar!!
Joan: NOOOO!!! That means deep fried egg la~~
Melvin: NOOOO!!! It's bomb the chicken egg!! If you said zha dan is a bomb, then zha ji dan should be bomb the chicken egg what...
Me: Ok Ok.. Melvin, why don't you tell me what would you call a deep fried egg then?
Melvin: It's shen jian dan la (深煎蛋) la!!! Correct what? Deep means shen (深) ma...


Just use your imagination to figure out how all of us ended up rolling on the floor after that...
Melvin, you actually want a sheng dan (生蛋 = raw egg) or a shou dan (熟蛋 = cooked egg) lar?? Hahaha... XD

1 comment:

eve said...

oh my gawd... remind me not to take mandarin classes from you wei