Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pharmacist can be very fierce, too. Haha..

Sunday nite. Was busy dispensing when I received TDM blood samples for Gentamicin. Called up the Doctor in-charged to confirm some details.

Pharmacist (P): Good evening Dr. This is from pharmacy. I just received a Gentamicin TDM sample of patient XXX from you. May I know the date when Gentamicin was started, the dose, and the dosing interval? They are not written in the form.

Doctor (D): Har? I dun remember lar.. Hehe.. Yesterday got one pharmacist asked me to repeat TDM so I just repeat lor...

P: Ah? Which pharmacist was that?

D: Erm.. I dun remember lar.. Hmm.. Wait, I think the patient started Gentamicin 4 days ago.

P: 4 days ago?? Gentamicin treatment period is usually for 5 days only, right? That means the patient would be off Genta tomorrow. Why would u wanna repeat TDM? Moreover, now that our TDM machine has broken down, we have to send the samples to JB. By the time we receive the result, patient might be off Genta already...

D: I dunno lar.. Pharmacist asked me to repeat so I just repeat lor..

P: Hmm.. Or is there any reason that u might wanna prolong the treatment period? How's the patient's condition?

D: Actually the patient was already discharged this morning lah...

P: !!!!! Har??!

D: Yeah.. Cause he was initially diagnosed with Endocarditis, but upon reviewing his ECHO, we thought it was unlikely Endocarditis. Most probably just viral fever so we off the Genta and discharged him this morning..

P: Then why did u send his blood samples for TDM since he was already discharged??!

D: I dunno!! Pharmacist asked to repeat one mah!!

P: Dr, next time if patient is already discharged, DON'T send samples for TDM anymore, ok?! There's no point!

D: Ok ok...

(-__________-"') Don't just follow instructions, use ur brain to think lah... Dots...

14 comments:

weeyeaw said...

Hahaha... zha dao... since whn dr listen to pharmacist so much...

Anonymous said...

ooooh garang pharmacist!

i laike!

~ming

xh said...

haha must be a HO... :p

Unknown said...

LOL @ xinhui's comment... but can't agree more XD

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ajonywevi.s-enterprize.com/yqygufa.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I regard as nice post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I dream the list inform should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

ling-hcmm.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

good evening dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching for the sake of that particular model. The prices seeking the boots were around 210 dollars on every page. But for all I base this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Great blog post, been after something like that?!

Yours Truly
Ruthie
girobank insurance

Anonymous said...

hi ...jus a question.if the patient hss endocarditis..isnt treatment iv genta for six weeks?not five days.secondly..if pharmacist ask to repeat tdm,its usually due to tdm high level or error in sampling rite?so y didnt u read it n inform the ward if tdm is high?y does it matter if patient is discharged?its lifetreatening if pt is disicharged n tdm high