Friday, April 03, 2009

Money really very hard to earn ah...

Background music: Daniel Powter's "Bad Day"

Fell sick dy. Since 4 days ago. Coughed like mad, plus flu, plus sore throat, plus fever. Fine. This morning woke up late. Effect of too much anti-histamine. Got into the car, started the engine, no response. Started again, alarm was triggered, but still no response. Early in the morning me & dad gotta push the car all the way out to give way to another car parked inside so that I could go work with that car... Good exercise huh? (-__-")

Reached hosp. Started dispensing immediately. An aunty who'd applied super thick red-coloured lipgloss approached me to ask for her medications.

"I left my medicines here last wednesday. U bring out to me."

Then she started complaining, "Aiyo!! The doctor very bad lah!! Early early ah ji ah cho!! So noisy!! Blah blah blah blah blah..."

So I told her to take a seat and tried to look around for her med, but still couldn't find.

Asked her for Rx, she didn't have. Pembantu came out to ask for her appointment book so that we'd know what drugs to give.

IM Fluanxol. Clopixol sulphate. Just discharged from the ward few days ago.

Ok. PSY patient. But can't give her med without Psy form from the Dr. as well. So pembantu asked her to go see a doctor to get a Rx.

She left, but came back in few minutes time. Without Rx.

"Doctors didn't let me see them lah! Early early morning ah ji ah cho dy!! Aiyo, give me medicine lah! I give u my book! Doctor got write inside lah! U see!"

So I took over the book and read the content to see if I could find anything useful.

Suddenly she accused me loudly, "YOU MUST HAVE HAD AN AFFAIR WITH THE DOCTOR LAH!!!!!" and slapped me on the face. My specs flew out and dropped onto the counter. The entire outpatient department suddenly became dead quiet, with all the other patients' eyes focusing on me and her.

Walao eh.. Damn dramatic.. Just like the super classic scene in Moonlight Resonance, no? Well, at that particular moment, that was what appeared in my mind loh... Haha..

I didn't expect the slap coming. Honestly, she looked quite OK before that. Plus, my stupid URTI and the anti-histamine effect made my reaction damn slow. Don't think I could have avoided the slap even if I'd seen it coming like the Matrix way loh.

Funny thing was, I didn't get angry. If it had come from a normal patient, I might have crawled over the counter and slapped her back. The thing was, she was a PSY patient. At that point, I seriously didn't see the need to argue or fight with her. I just smiled and quietly picked up my specs from the counter and told her to sit down. Then I calmly retreated from the counter and brought her book in to tell the FRP that the patient slapped me and asked if there's anything we could do to supply her the medicine.

Ironically, FRP were the one who got super shocked. They called up the PSY secuirity to bring the patient to doctor and checked if my face was disfigured. Haha.. Told them I was OK and I went out to dispense again to the other patients, with the PSY aunty still shouting at me for medicine. This time I stood far far away from the counter la of course.

Awhile later the patient was brought away. FRP were expecting me to get traumatized and cry. They got someone else to replace my job and asked me to stay inside and rest. Told them I was OK but they insisted. Soon after that, the news travelled at such speed that the entire pharmacy department, upstair downstair, also knew about it liao. Then everyone started asking me about the incident, of which I repeated like N times dy at the end of the day.

Some after listening asked, "Painful or not?" I was like "Errrrrrrrmmm... "

Like Duh?!!

Some said, "Why didn't u shout back at her!! Scold her lah at least!! Later ppl think we all very easy to bully. Wah.. U really can tahan, huh?"

Hmm.. I didn't know how to answer for I really didn't see the need to do so. Very ironic hor? I think my old self would probably have transformed into the Hulk and tore her into pieces liao. I didn't know since when My EQ has improved so much. In other words, I have lost my backbone completely after working for 5 months in a gov. hosp. Ming, am in ur backbone-less gang dy!! XP

Hmm... Did the incident hurt me badly? The answer is a firm NO. Not a single bit. But the way some ppl reacted to it really hurt me badly. U see when such incident happened, it's always way too easy to differentiate the one who genuinely cares for u from the one who fakes it. U thought someone cared very much for u, but things turned out the other way round and u saw it right through. THIS, is what really hurts...

Moral of the story: Get a MC when u're sick!! Don't go to work!! Cause u tend to have slower reactions!! LOL... XD

K lah K lah. I gotta sleep liao.. No weekends for me this week! Gotta do overnight shift on Saturday and Sunday.. From 12a.m. to 8a.m. =( Then this coming Wednesday I also gotta work. What weekends?! What public holiday??!!! Grrrrrrrr... Luckily my time-off applications for Monday and Tuesday were approved liao. Tee hehe... Compensation.. =P
P/S. I gotta do incident reporting for this somemore. Grrrrr... Mafan dao~

6 comments:

xh said...

poor pei pei..!! didnt know all dis happened to u!! OMG.. so dramatic.. if i were u, i would hav shed tears (although will try to tahan la..) bt yea, i think ur EQ v high leh.. n oni psy ppl gaduh wit psy pt :p haha..

hope things will get better for u on the following week ya.. gambateh! & recover soon dear.. *muaks*

sue chong said...

WAH!! the moment i read til the part tht she slapped u, i shouted 'wah!!!' right in front of my com. Dramatic sekali!!!!

suilin had a bad one and i tink urs is worse, anything can happen wei, ur life as pharmacist very...'interesting'...hahaha!!!

nx time if we have a gathering or something, u will have good story to tell!!;p crap~~~

anyway, hopefully everything goes well to ALL of us la...no more dramatic cases...hehe...take care thr!!

KhaHong said...

OMG pei ling!! Must be very painful!

Really salute u.. still can tahan at this kind of situation.. High EQ..

Anyway, hope we will never meet this kind of patient anymore.. and hope u get well soon!

Anonymous said...

one week tak baca ur blog and wah, i'm shocked!!

and ur post! like super casual oh-and-i-got-slapped-btw. kesian chua pei!!

but glad to hear that you're not traumatized at all! that's our chua pei for ya!

the next time u see that patient, spub her medicines to muar, then i'll unleash the terror onto her! humph!!

~ming

LiNg@hCmM said...

Dear frens, thanks so much for concerning =) U can't imagine how heart-warming ur words are to me... =) Seriously, thanks... And don't worry, am totally OK. Got "muka tembok" ma! Kakaka... *cold dao~*

Know what? Some 44 actually made fun of me with this incident. Thinking that it was funny... HAHAHA.. Funny hor? DUH!

and Kha Hong!! I didn't know u read my blog!! =D Thanks for supporting my abandoned-most-of-the-time blog!! XD Hehe..

Dappy said...

oh no! but at the same time, what a story!


take care and get well soon!

hugs, daphne